Wednesday 11 April 2007

musical procrastination

So at the moment I'm supposed to be writing an english essay. actually I'm supposed to be writing a POLS234 essay and I was supposed to finish the english essay last night. However, I am currently doing neither of those. I was just browsing youtube and what the crap was that I just stumbled across. how on earth did I go so long without knowing that Jack White and Pete Townsend actually played together. I mean it was just an impromptu thing for a few minutes, but still... I mean Pete Townsend is one of the greatest live performers of all time and Jack White probably one of the best creative forces in music currently and one of the best new guitar players in a long time... and then of course The Seeker is just a plain awesome song. I know I've already blogged about the White Stripes new album Icky Thump, but they've released a short preview video for one of the songs (though it's purposefully obscured by random keyboard noises). also they've released the full track listing and happily there's a song called 300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues. it may be a little early to say, but I think this is shaping up to be an awesome album. In other news I've finally been published. if you pick up the latest issue of Mars Hill you'll find my awesome student playlist in the arts and culture section. or you could check out the website and read it there. or you could just go to the blogchive and find the playlist that way. but either way you get to it you should listen to pretty much every song on the list. now to get back to work on my essays.

park ranger

No comments: