Thursday 26 April 2007

A groovy poem I just wrote

You come from mired moors and tired times
And walking through the mist at night
You reach a garden full of trees and light
In through the gate into my life
And I the fool am taken by the sight

Your beauty drew me in toward your hell
And grasping at your love I fell
Into the deepness of our body's well
We broke our vows and lived to tell
and grasping groaning we turned back the veil

But lust can never take the place of love
And so we burned our household gods
And took our place in hallowed empty halls
And went to places none have gone
But left alone the corpses and the bones

And thinking you had left your mud and weeds
To come and spend your life with me
With flowers turf and parties no one sees
I sat down sipped my milky tea
Forgot that all along you were not free

You're like a woven basket case
Your heart is made of tangled lace
I call your name and you awake
And slip back in to your old state
And this the thing I just can't face
I turn away and wait for better days

we're not free yet

1 comment:

Austin Davies said...

Well I think it is a fantastic poem Will. I really do. It flows quite well. I'm just wondering if you write it from life experience or from your imagination. Either is ok, but I'm just curious.
Oz