Sunday 8 April 2007

grow old

how does a man grow old. does it happen in a day. do you wake up one morning and realize that you're past your prime. time is money, but we can't buy time, there's no exchange rate. but it's not just one day that you wake up, it's a slow process for most. every day we lose a bit of our youth and take a few more steps or a few giant leaps toward the grave... but not just the grave, to being old... do i want to grow old without ever having lived? have i lived? if i died today would i look back on my life and say "you did good man, you lived life to it's fullest"? or would i look back and say "what the hell was i thinking, why did I not take life seriously"? How will my life count before it's too late? From now on, every day I live will be lived like it's my last, i'm giving up apathy for lent. let's see what a free man can do.
fool sitting here typing

No comments: