Saturday 23 December 2006

k-otic christmas soliloquy

only 1 hour and 52 hours to go til Christmas Eve day and we just finished watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" which was pretty killer... er... christmasy.. traditionally the Davies family has always celebrated christmas on christmas eve and like opened presents and had the whole family over for dinner and stuff... This year is different and on C... holy crap that gap right there was the differnce between like 10:10 and 2:04. at least I have an excuse because I'm sleeping the crap out of myself tommorow... today... after I go to bed... back to it... hristmas Eve we're having a bunch of people over and on Christmas day we're doing our family thing... which is wierd... but what the hell I'll get used to it... yes Stoph, Jack White isn't neccesarily the future of music, but artists like him are... artists with spontinaity and creativity. there are quite a few of those around and I'll admit I was narrow minded in making that statement... that doesn't feel right... like apologizing for my musical preferences and accepting mediocrity... oh well, I still think that artists like him and including him are the people who are going to carry the baton when the music industry collapses... that was wierd- at the moment when I typed music, K-os sang the word music in the song sunday morning that I'm listening to right now. I just bought his latest album Atlantis: Hyms for the Disco (I hadn't bought an album in at least 4 months and it felt awesome to buy one finally) and it's pretty sweet and there's a lot of killer tracks off it like valhalla, sunday morning, the rain, flypaper, born to run, and aqua-city boy... dissapointingly there's a couple of filler songs, but otherwise it's a pretty solid album though still not as good as Joyful Rebellion which I don't own but intend to some time in the future because of the rocking goodness of it.. k-os rules and he's Canadian so go buy his albums people. (though I hate CanLit passionately, I support CanCon wholeheartedly) keep on rocking in the free world people!!!
Pipe Smoking Professor

No comments: