Friday 22 December 2006

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeakin freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

So finally i join the rest of you hoboes in the beautifulness that is Christmas break. I was still working on my last paper and it was eating me alive, but now it's finished... so now I'm happy... and the song that I was listening to when I finally finished and sent my paper off was "Wrong About Bobby" by the Eels off of the album Shootenanny. So pretty much the Eels are a radically good band and by a random freak of coincidence the second news item on their website has "Townshend" in it which is coincidentally the last name of the pols prof that I sent the paper off to. In the news item, however, the Townshend referred to the fact that Pete Townshend of The Who played a gig with E (the only permanent member of the band) in Los Angeles. By coincidence The Who happens to have been the greatest live band(watch for the improv when Keith Moon breaks his bass drum) in all existence and will always be the greatest live band in existence. Now, however, the members of The Who are either past their prime or dead so we only have the glorious memory to look back on, but there are a few new and up and coming bands that are starting to be great live bands and one of the foremost of those is the Raconteurs, who pack one of the meanest punches on stage making you wonder what the hell they were doing on their debut album. By coincidence (itunes is on shuffle) I am currently listening to the White Stripes which shares frontman Jack White with the Raconteurs. Jack White happens to be the future of rock which, by the way, is going to be extremely bleak. In fact the entire music industry is going to collapse and only live bands like the Raconteurs and The Who (if they weren't stupidly dead and defunct) will survive the collapse... This is a good thing. In fact I have been seriously considering starting supporting pirating music to support the collapse of the music industry and get rid of all these crappy musicians that have clogged our minds. The only thing that holds me back is the slight moral dilema of it being stealing so I'm having to think through it, which (thinking through things) has been done a lot in the last four months since I started going to Trinity, but now I'm not.. for the next couple of weeks because I just finished my last paper and I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeakin freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!..... stupidly dead Douglas Adams would be proud.
park ranger

1 comment:

stoph said...

"Jack White happens to be the future of rock" (you serious?)
Oh, and I still don't buy you're ideological excuse for theivery.