Tuesday 23 October 2007

Quebec

So Quebec is officially an alright city in my books. the place is seriously packed with massive amounts of history and culture. This morning I arrived before sunrise and searched around the city for a place to watch the sun rise. the city was deadly quiet and there was absolutely no signs of life anywhere, I almost made it to the top of the main hill in the old city before I spotted somebody. I eventually settled on an awesome park overlooking the Saint Lawrence River (by the way, does anybody know who Saint Lawrence was? I'm curious, but don't want to do the hard work of looking it up). After the sun rose I went and had breakfast at a French restaurant called 'La Omellette' or something and then wandered the city streets. The citadel was cool I guess, but it didn't even come close to the Halifax citadel, which was pretty much awesome (but not, contrary to popular belief, impenetrable (as these blurry photos taken after closing from inside the citadel will demonstrate))
Seriously folks, I'm pretty sure the guard almost caught me... it was intense. I totally went to the Quebec parlaiment building today (which was awesome) and had a tour (which was awesome) and had lunch in the cafeteria (which was pretty good but I regret not pilfering a Quebec Parlaiment spoon) and scored a seat in question period (which was awesome even though I didn't understand a word of what was said (except for A B C, at one point, and Quebec and Quebequioua (I seriously don't know how to spell that word), in another), but I understood the basic system of parliamentary debate so that made it a lot more interesting (I still fell asleep)). I think I'm just going to put pictures of random things in here now because I can't top the wordy awesomeness of those brackets.
Quebec wall

me and the CN tower giftshop

Nuk Luk and the CN tower

Quebec parlaiment statues that look better in real life

train view in tunnel with rain


Edmonton

Halifax sunset and the next one is the view from the hotel in Toronto

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Will - this trip sounds so cool! I think I'm jealous... But then I have been to Quebec City. Did you see those cool wall murals? Bon Voyage!

Alpha Davies said...

hey will cool pictures, keep blogging whenever you can cuz i check it like every day believe it or not. watching sunrises is pretty much one of the coolest things ever, especially from somewhere you have never been before.
love you!
Alpha

Anonymous said...

WOW!! PHOTOS!!! (I'm still jealous)

Anonymous said...

THIS is me sam, I got rid of facebook that is why i havent seen most of your messages but i got a hold of your blog. DUDE how would you like to do this trip again but only with like me....sounds like a plan???

Rik no Blog said...

Sobre esse lugar!