Wednesday 17 October 2007

Jasper

This is definately my first post since leaving, I've just stopped in Jasper and found an internet connection for 20 minutes. So far the train is pretty awesome. it's a lot slower than I thought and it took about 8 hours to get to Kamloops last night. I've met a lot of interesting people on the train because a lot of the people I'm going to be with until Toronto or even Halifax. I've taken a lot of photo's, but unfortunately I forgot to bring my usb cabnle with me into Jasper so I wont upload until probably Winnapeg. breakfast on the train was pretty decent and pretty decently priced at $6.50 for a decent plate. the sleeping was less than ideal, but you have a whole lot more room than on a bus and I'm told a whole lot more than airplanes, but I wouldn't know. also I was pleasantly surprised when the train dude person came by and gave everybody blankets and travel pillows for the duration (as well as one of those crazy sleep mask things which actually worked pretty decently last night). I'm not sure how much time I have before the train leaves so not much more. the trip is definately good for reading and writing and I'm keeping a fairly comprehensive journal that this blog pales in comparison to. it has many more details and some poetry and crazy concepts that I'm going to work off of (like the dreadlock princess or the man named butterfly) for some killer stories. anyways I must use the restrooms in this fine town. chill folks.
park ranger

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great that your meeting lots of people, what an opportunity to share Jesus. Never be ashamed of identifying with Him Will, and He won't be ashamed of identifying with you. I'm jealous, your having an adventure of a lifetime ...Dad

Alpha Davies said...

yes, trains definitely have more room than planes...
don't lose your ticket!!
love.

Heather Mercer said...

Will, sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

i just read your blog for the first time. i'm glad you can get internet - we're hanging on your every word...so keep it up. Love......

ARN said...

Dont you think youll go crazy stuck on the train? Trains and cruise ships worry me kinda clausterphobic (sp?) go to radio shack somewhere. you should be able to get a new usb for dirt cheap