Monday 29 March 2010

Storming...

I have one post in my history, Sound From the Garages, which keeps getting spammed. I just went and deleted the 19 junk comments that had accumulated, and that wasn't even the first time. Unfortunately you can't just select them all and hit delete, it's a real pain to delete multiple comments on blogger. So I'm a bit skeeved. You might even say I'm a bit irate.
Anger is interesting; there's a righteous anger that does exist, but mostly that's just God, mostly we miss the point with our anger. We like to get up in somebodies grill when they do us wrong, at least I know I do. But do you know why Jesus stormed the temple? It wasn't for himself, it was for his Father. That's made pretty clear when the disciples remember Psalm 69:9, "Zeal for your house will consume me", referencing Jesus' zeal for his Father's house, not for himself. I mean Jesus was the one man who could really get righteously angry when somebody did him wrong, but he was the one man who only got angry on other people's behalf. When he calls the Pharisees a brood of vipers, he's not saying that in defense of himself. He straight up says it two verses before; "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."
So that means that a lot of the time when I get angry, it's just trite and trivial stuff. What it doesn't mean is that we shouldn't get angry. No way. Not even close. There are a lot of reasons why I don't believe in pacifism, but the main one is that we're called (especially as men) to get really mad at some stuff. One of them being sin, another being injustice. Men are also called to be protectors (I love the fact that my name means "resolute protector") and when it comes to that we should not be afraid to get violent. If somebody tried to hurt one of my sisters, I would seriously mess them up, I would not even hesitate.
Anyways, now I'm getting irate again, just thinking about guys that wouldn't lift a finger to protect their family. I'm not usually one for ranting of this sort in a blog post, there's an inherent lack of accountability in this medium that can make ranting dangerous, but sometimes I get passionate about stuff and I get carried away. But really, can you blame a guy for being passionate about something? No. You really can't. Keep it pregnant.

Will

No comments: