Saturday 16 May 2009

Sound from the Garages


So here I am, out in Burnaby, getting up early. I got up just past 7:30 this morning. If you know me, that's early. I was doing some band searching last night (quite an enjoyable pastime) and I stumbled upon a few good ones. First I found this band called The Litter, they're a great late 60's psychedelic garage rock band. I found them initially because they did a cover of Buffy Sainte Marie's Codeine, a song that I was trying to find the original of online (the only copy I could find was a live version of about half the song). Anyways, it turns out that the Litter rock out pretty hard in their own right, and they had some great songs (like Action Woman) that weren't covers and some great songs (like I'm a Man by Bo Diddley) that were covers. Good listening if you like garage rock or psychedelic  music, and a good mixing of the two.

listening to Codine by The Litter

After that it got pretty crazy. I was eating some trail mix and there were some dehydrated blueberries in it. So I had the thought, I'll bet there's a band called The Blueberries. Sure enough there's a band called the Blueberries. And oddly enough they're actually pretty decent. They're an indie French band from Brest, but they take their influence from a lot of British punk like the Clash, which is a good thing. They're still a starting out indie band, but they're rocking the Clash vibe so I'm sure they're going to be pretty awesome once they polish their sound. 
From The Blueberries I linked to a British artist called Absie. Again, she's an indie artist, but with a lot more stuff than the Blueberries and actually playing shows in Britain. Good music, worth a listen. I've got to go to work now or else I would have said a little more. Keep it pregnant.

Will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.