Saturday 23 May 2009

Midnight Jumper

Listening to The Besnard Lakes: Volume 1

   The week of Canadian music is drawing to somewhat of a close. As a compromise in these last couple of days, Alpha will get to listen to the new Jars of Clay album that she just bought and I'll get to listen to the Pixies Doolittle that I just bought. I think I'm getting the better end of this compromise because I love Jars of Clay as well and I also have a Canadian album that I bought this week; Volume 1 by the Besnard Lakes. I'm only on my second listen through right now because it's a hefty album, only 7 songs and clocking in at just under 44 minutes, but it's quite dense and a couple of the songs are close to 10 minutes long. 
   Right now the morning tears are starting. Morning tears are caused by having little sleep and getting up early to bright sunshine. While I'm indoors right now, it's pretty light in here and there's a hefty amount of sunshine coming in, but still the main morning tears won't start until I start driving to work in another 20 minutes and hit the glaring sunshine. Adventures were had last night. The Besnard Lakes, good Canadian music, take a listen. Don't be afraid to shed morning tears. Give away a book. Become a midnight jumper. Keep it pregnant.

Park Ranger

2 comments:

stoph said...

I'm getting a little tired of the phrase "keep it pregnant", but I am coming home on the 8th.

Alpha Davies said...

and you used hefty twice.....that is a huge pet peeve of mine. yes adventures were had!