Wednesday 29 October 2008

Morning Dreams

listening to Matthew Good - Champions of Nothing

I had a dream last night. I dreamt that I had a pregnant girlfriend. At the same time I had to go to China to visit my family. the baby was going to be born while I was back in China, something to do with my grandfather. I looked at my girlfriend and I told her "Have you ever had a conversation where you miss one little word, just one single word and all of a sudden the conversation doesn't make sense anymore. You have no context to place what's being said." and then I paused and was going to tell her that that's how I felt about my life, but I woke up. I don't know why I dreamt that, and I don't know why it felt so important, but i can't get it out of my head because sometimes I feel that way. It's as though I'm living in a dream and I all of a sudden wake up, take a step backwards, and look at my life, wondering "how did I get here". I had a word given me when I left Glenmore to move back to the coast. It might have been Bob who gave it, but it was about a compass pointing True North. He said I was going true north, that the direction I was going was where God wanted me to go. Sometimes I look at where I am and that's all I have to go on... God wants me here...

zen master

1 comment:

Heather Mercer said...

Wow, quite the dream. But I agree with bob, in a sense: keep looking true north (to God!) and you'll get where you're meant to go.... it's impossible to see now how you're going to get there, but that's okay.