Monday 25 February 2008

behind the scenes on the set of White Trash and Beardo

I failed to finish the ballad of White Trash and Beardo, but rest assured it is currently underway. I've got this really old anthology of the works of Longfellow that I've had for a while, so I decided to start reading it. The first work is Evangaline, a ten page or so poem/prose (I'm really not sure what it would be classified as) about the Acadians. Anyways, it inspired me so I'm writing the ballad of White Trash and Beardo as an epic poem, but I'm still on only the third stanza because I don't have my computer down in the valley (not Happy Valley, the Farmhouse is on a hill). The first characters I'm introducing are the Ballcaps who live in Trashcan Village also known as RVland (there's no comma between Trashcan Village and RVland, it's all one name). Trashcan Village also known as RVland is inspired by the RV park that Sam and I pushed the Jetta into to find some jumper cables, but it's also inspired by the grunge of Penticton (in fact the Ballcaps are inspired by three people standing by the side of the road in Penticton that we laughed at when we were looking for black shirts for Sam's wedding). There is also a garbage can fire that's inspired mostly by our barrel fires out back of the Farmhouse. Essentially the entire epic will draw from my experiences with the white trash aspect the Okanagan, the main characters are even customers in the Summerland Tim Hortons. There, a pretty vague and uninteresting behind the scenes look at the ballad of White Trash and Beardo. Seriously though, if you could actually read it or understand the epic storyline, it would be way more interesting.

zen master

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm still pumped for pope and kepsie whenever it comes out..

William said...

I just need to get my computer back from Sam's house and I'll wrap up the first page as soon as possible.