Friday 7 September 2007

normal escapism

Normal Escapism

the escapism of the normal life
righteous indignation for all lies
loveless sex for the freedom like
and a murdering hand for the ties that bind

and I don't give a damn if you saw it on the tv
i saw it on the street and it's eating at me
and i don't care if it's a movie star romance
I've loved and been loved and it's nothing like this
and if you tell me once more that you're not free
I'll walk out this room and leave you to see
that life's not right when it's just a collage
of others lives through a camera lens

there's a crowd of witnesses that I can see
but not a bloody one is speaking to me
they whisper in turn each to your ear
but what they're saying I just can't hear
and I've a cloud of witnesses behind me too
I'm not immune to the fellow complication
but none of them tells me just what to do
and that's just what they're doing to you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was well written