Tuesday 24 April 2012

The Language of the Dying Suns

Listening to She Keeps Bees - Dig On

   I finished another paper last night. Ending it, I was listening to Bright Eyes' I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning and at 3:30 in the morning I was in that place where I too felt like going wild. I'm close to this first finishing and am excited to not know what to do. I have hope. Let me reiterate: I have hope.
   I find it difficult to post on a poetry blog because I have been in a drought of inspiration. I get crazy in times like these and I will write about anything. I will write because, of course, I would die if I did not. The community poetry blog is a good format though; in the same breath it allows you to show your poetry to other people, critical people, and to place a more realistic level of importance on your writing. It does not allow you to be esoteric, you must engage.

listening to Shakey Graves - Roll the Bones

   I just thought I'd share that. One of my loaned books was returned to me last night with a letter and more poetry. That is the best way. So long as we keep writing letters and putting poetry in them, our language will not be one of metal or binaries. I had hoped to leave this particular book in this particular person's care for a time, but I cannot pass up a letter; letters are the best. But let me say it again (til our language dies and we are left speechless on the shore of an unknown ocean (and even then)): hope remains.

Will

No comments: