Monday 9 November 2009

To the brim with music

wish I was listening to Peter, Bjorn and John - Young Folks

I was up extremely late last night studying for a rels midterm that was going to happen this morning. Then I realized that the midterm had been pushed about a week ahead. At least I got some good solid studying in.
The weekend was pretty epic; we travelled to the island to visit Bethi and hang out in Victoria and had some sweet times. Catching rabbits at UVIC, having a dance part at the end of the breakwater in the middle of the night, playing through Mario Kart 64 on 50cc and 100cc, and having an amazing night of worship on Saturday night. The weekend was filled to the brim with all sorts of music, from Darth Vader playing a violin to Peter, Bjorn and John to rapping about the golden cat. It's a good feeling to be filled up with music.
Some of you may remember a time when I decided that I wanted to start a punk band. This has not gone away. A week or three back I was taking notes in Canadian Geography and they were liberally peppered with sketches and doodles. As I sometimes do I was messing around with cool lettering and I wrote "How do you draw a fever?" on the page. Anyways, it got the wheels turning and I sketched out what it would look like. Then I started drawing doodles all over the page and giving them names. As things do, this eventually evolved into a set of 13 song names and sketches, from which to write an entire album. Anyways, stylistically it could only be a punk album so I decided to ressurect the idea of Barj Kitten. I've written the lyrics for only 5 of the songs so far, but I'm halfway through the sixth right now. The only thing this album is actually missing is music to go along with the lyrics.
I'm gonna go hit up the caf for lunch, but stay tuned in the following weeks for some epic punk songs to make their way onto this blog. Keep it pregnant.

Will

4 comments:

Alpha Davies said...

i can't wait for those songs!

andrewkoole said...

Could you come to Squamish with these songs? I want to help you write some music for them. Also, we haven't seen each other in a couple years. It's embarassing.

andrewkoole said...

Could you come to Squamish with these songs? I want to help you write some music for them. Also, we haven't seen each other in a couple years. It's embarassing.

William said...

Not going to lie, I'd love to make some music with you. And it's true I haven't seen you in a freakishly long time. I'm not sure when I can make it out to Squamish, but we can work something out.