Friday 9 March 2007

death and other morbidness

So I added another awesome link this site... yes another awesome link... yes you'll enjoy this one and waste almost as much time as you wasted on the linerider link... yes I know you wasted time on the linerider link... and if you didn't waste time on the linerider link then you should... actually come to think of it you might not waste too much time on the new link unless you're kindof morbid. But onto the actual link, it happens to direct you to a page of famous last words... Yes,those are the words people say before they die... no I'm not morbid... Yes I did waste a long time reading these quotes and I'm still only on the letter P (check out the link to the full transcript of Dutch Shultz's (Arthur Flegenheimer) last words, it's some serious poetry). It's a curious thing though, when I went to type this post I suddenly had this thought and it went something like "what's so fascinating about people's last words?". And I thought about it and then I'm like "I really don't know" so I thought about it some more and I guess I came to a sortof conclusion. I think it's because peoples last words really define, to some measure, what their whole life is about (especially Dutch Shultz). for instance, before he died, Elvis Presley said "I hope I haven't bored you". That speaks to me of a man deeply insecure his whole life about what people thought of him, so much so that it was the one thing on his mind when he died. Actually I'll bet those aren't his last words because he was actually kidnapped by members of his own bodyguard, forcefed broccoli, sold to the Russian mafia, and forced to live in solitude in a small hut on top of an unclimable mountain in Eastern Russia with no instruments. However, due to his mad skills, he carved a one-piece guitar body out of a tree and used the intestines of a wild goat that he killed with his bare hands to string it. now he sits and composes songs in solitude, exept for a small mountain tribe that somehow also managed to survive on top of this unclimable mountain for centuries. Elvis has taught the tribe how to play rock n' roll and they serve as his backup orchestra for his moonlight serenades. the king will never die. Speaking of dying, I hope I have some really great last words before I die. like seriously, I hope I have just enough time to spontaneously say some random thing that will inspire generations to come. There are some seriously lame people out there who say seriously lame things before they die and I seriously don't want to be one of those people. Maybe I should carry a tape recorder around and leave it on all the time so that people can just play it back after I'm dead and find out exactly what the last thing I said was no matter how I died. Actually it would have to be a mp3 recorder because tapes only have so much space. and then i could just give it to my secretary at the end of every day and they could go through it and see if I said anything worth noting and then erase it in preperation for the next day. Then again to do that I'd need a secretary and where the heck am I going to get a secretary... Yes I know, it doesn't make sense. Maybe if I was like PM, or even an MP, I would have a secretary.... but then like I'd have to be in politics... and like to be in politics like that you need to have experience... and I'm a student, where the crap am I going to get political experience if I'm a student, I don't have the freakin time! exept of course during the summer... and I need to work in the summer... and I also need to travel in the summer... wait, I guess that means the Conservative paid internship in Ottawa with my airfare paid for that I just applied for, for the months of May, June, July, and August, would be a perfect fit... hmmmm... I'm gonna have to think that one over... so yah, I definately should do it. Only problem is that... is that... is that I'm going to miss camping at Paul lake and Fintry... :( this is sad news indeed... like really sucky.... boo hoo... I actually can't even convey to everyone how much I am going to miss going camping this year. Stoph, we're definately going to need to do some stuff before May because I don't think I could live with the thought of not camping with you this summer.. in fact you're going to have to send me regular filmed updates every day so I don't crawl into a hole and die from missing everybody. this is sad, but also good... but also sad.. I am soooo conflicted...

fool sitting here typing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the Wikiquote Last Words page. I've spent a lot of time reading over that page too. It's funny, inspiring, and profound all at the same time.

That internship sounds fantastic - I hope you get to go.