Tuesday 1 December 2009

On Stealing Shampoo

I went to buy a razor and shampoo today, only to find out that I didn't have any money in my bank account. I thought about it for a while because I was pretty sure I wasn't broke, but then I realized that I probably never notified the student loans people about being in school again. There's still a monthly amount of money being taken automatically out of my bank account. I feel a little bit silly about this. Fortunately I shaved with my cheap disposable razor last night(before throwing it away because it was super dull and prone to the chewing up of the face) so I should be good for another few days. November is over though, and though I do celebrate no-shave-November, I don't personally prescribe to the whole dirty-December trend.
I know that I said I'd update my blog, and I know that I haven't done that, but I also know that I hate apologizing for not updating my blog due the strange nature of that kind of apology, it would just feel weird to apologize for not blogging, as though the world depended on your blogging. I originally started blogging as a way to write my thoughts out (I find it helps me think), but with the invention of paper and the realization that people read my blog, I began to be more self-conscious in my writing. Of course taking other people into consideration when you are writing publicly viewable things is important. However, taking their image of yourself into account can be a dangerous path. One of the biggest problems with social networking sites, chatting online, or even blogging is that your ego is self-created, you can take the time to edit yourself and portray what you want others to see. Of course in real life this is true as well, people often put on a false front, but it's just that much easier online.
It is also much easier to be honest online. It is easier to tell the truth online, than to a persons face. So I'm not going to lie; while I can live without a shaving implement for quite some time (forever potentially), living without shampoo is a difficult endeavour. On that note it is imperative to confess that I've been "borrowing" the shampoo of the various different people who use our washroom for the last week or so. I'm not proud of it, I just hate washing my hair without shampoo. I'll even switch it up each time so that I'm not using too much out of one bottle. If any of my dormies are reading this, know that I am truly sorry (there, that's an apology I can endorse.)

The Rambler

3 comments:

Nixuz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nixuz said...

Excellent blog post.

Alpha Davies said...

bahaha i thought for sure you'd say you'd stolen shampoo from the store...glad you didn't tho. i miss you bro! i think mom might have an extra bottle of shampoo somewhere....