Tuesday 21 April 2009

Mindy's Last Ride (approximately)

I have 50 more kilometers to go. Or at least that's as far as I'll be able to go. From there it's either walking or, if I can find one, biking. It's useful to know exactly how far a tank of gas will take you, but there's also a sense of impending doom when you know you're not going to be able to fill it up again. Today I'm on the job search, all got up in some nice pants and a fancy shirt and I'm even wearing shoes. In weather like this, one should never have to wear shoes, but alas it must be done. The resumes are mostly printed, but they are unfortunately woefully incomplete. That is to say, they're lacking a phone number. I have neither a land line nor a cell phone, and while it can sometimes be a beautiful thing not being connected to the whole world, at times like these it has its drawbacks. Anyways, after printing off a few more resumes, I'm off to tour around Langley in the blazing sun, shirtless and listening to 100.5 at full volume (of course I'll be wearing the shirt when I apply for jobs). What is 100.5 you ask? It's just the newest radio station in town and also the coolest (cue catchy sound effect and slide guitar).

Will

No comments: