Sunday 25 January 2009

Top Ten Desert Island Discs

listening to CAKE - Fashion Nugget

I was thinking about all the music and playlists featured on this blog and it reminded me of a great top ten list that I wrote up while I was in Nanaimo. During an extra boring talk on STV, the speaker mentioned something about top ten desert island discs (I don't even remember what it was in reference to anymore) and it got the wheels of my mind turning. So I got out my pen and, during the meeting, wrote out my top ten desert island discs. This list is of course incomplete because my musical tastes and library are expanding at an alarming rate, and there is the addition of Exile on Main St., an album that I have not yet bought yet all factors point towards its inclusion on this list. Despite its inconsistencies, here's the list (images courtesy of Wikipedia)

10. - Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning cover

9. - Gorillaz - Demon Days
Demon Days cover

8. - Jars of Clay - If I Left The Zoo
If I Left the Zoo cover

7. - Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.
Exile on Main St. cover

6. - Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely
Consolers of the Lonely cover

5. - Weezer - Weezer (Blue Album)
Weezer cover

4. - Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground And Nico
The Velvet Underground & Nico cover

3. - White Stripes - White Blood Cells
White Blood Cells cover

2. - Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Highway 61 Revisited cover

1. - Beatles - White Album
The Beatles cover

soundmime

2 comments:

andrewkoole said...

nice. "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" is a great pick. After some thought, I think I'll share my list too. why not, right? here goes it will:

10....And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - Source Tags & Codes
9.Weezer - Weezer (Blue Album)
8.The Who - Quadrophenia
7.Radiohead - Kid A
6.Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
5.The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
4.Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People
3.The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
2.Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
1.Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Alpha Davies said...

hi Pal, you have disappeared where are you!? i missed you this weekend and you missed some epic shopping with BIG....email me some day ok?
love